On each project, which involves CRM 4.0, we always encounter a new issue. We are usually installing CRM on a clean box but something new always comes up 🙁

The latest error we encountered when we opened CRM from browser:

Error on page
Line: 194
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0

I found a very simple solution for this problem (thanks to Ahmad Piran):

What I did is went to the Properties of the website on which CRM 4.0 is configured. There I selected Directory Security. Unchecked Anonymus Access, Click Ok And Apply. Then Again went to the same place,
Directory Security, and again checked the Anonymus Access, clicked Ok and Apply. This at least worked for me.

So if you are preparing for a CRM implementation be prepared for various issues you might encounter. Here you will find some problems I already wrote about.

For CRM demonstrations I am always using Microsoft CRM Virtual Machine. It includes CRM 4.0, SharePoint 2007 and Office 2007. There is also a diff disk which includes some additional sample data and fixes.

One Comment

  1. Paula Says

    This is great info to know.

Leave a Reply