An anonymous reader asked:

Do i need cals for read-only users sharepoint server 2007?

SharePoint does not recognize a read-only license. You will need to buy a CAL for each user that is accessing your data. Each client computer accessing Office SharePoint Server 2007 or Office Forms Server 2007 requires a valid CAL. There are two types of CAL – Standard and Professional. Click here to learn which SharePoint edition is right for you. Read more about SharePoint licensing.

Windows SharePoint Services 3.0

Licensing for WSS is a little bit different than for SharePoint 2007. WSS is free, and you only need to have a properly licensed Windows Server.

  • If you would like to allow external users to access WSS you should check External license (around $2000).
  • If you own Windows 2003/2008 Web Edition please note that additional limitations might apply.

Leave a Reply